Introduce Yourself

Junbi LSAT Preparation / Forums / LSAT Forum / Introduce Yourself

• Author

Hi all! Dee here. We encourage you to introduce yourself so we can get to know each other and learn more about you and your reasons for joining the course, what you hope to get out of it, when you’re planning to take the test, etc. I’ll start:

My name is Dee Griffin and I’m currently based in Grand Rapids, Michigan but grew up in New Jersey and Virginia (among other places). Like some of you, I studied for the LSAT in my early-30s, as a single parent, around a full-time job, and with reading difficulties to boot. And like most of you, I performed terribly on my first diagnostic test. I didn’t finish a single section and only made it about halfway through reading comp and logic games. Needless to say, the test did not come naturally to me and I felt very defeated.

But after putting in the time and effort to really understand the logic and patterns used by the test writers, the LSAT became like a challenging puzzle that I actually really enjoyed solving (in fact, I loved it so much that I went on to teach LSAT courses for one of those big name test prep companies for a few years afterward).

Despite starting with a diagnostic score in the low 140s, I ended up blowing past my original target (160) and scored 175 (99.5th percentile). I even got perfect scores on my [previously] worst sections: reading comp and logic games. And this was back when the LSAT was a 5-section paper-and-pencil marathon with 2 logical reasoning sections, plus an experimental section, all followed by a writing sample (I’m exhausted just thinking about it). So I can tell you from personal experience that the LSAT–although it may appear completely random and impossible at first–truly is methodical, predictable, and most importantly, learnable.

A large part of my success was thanks to the lessons in this course and actively participating on the forums in Evan’s former LSAT Mastermind group, which was an incredible resource full of like-minded people all committed to helping each other master the LSAT. We hope you’ll use this course and forum in the same way and be an active participant in the community. You’ll see both me and Evan popping in to field questions you post in the forums, so get busy posting and I’ll see you out there!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.